Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nature Walk

Today we went on a nature walk at Sucker Lake. I wasn't psyched at first, but when I found a geo-cash I was pretty happy the rest of the time. I traded in a mini toy car for a polished rock. After that we hiked for a while and threw pebbles in a river.

Me and M&M Dad were far behind Pink Mom and Jr.Princess. We saw our state bird the Loon.

They were so beautiful with their red eyes and white spots on their back. In fact I saw one doing a crazy dance , and another went under and came back up with a fish in it's mouth. We also saw Egret, Heron, Robin, crow, Cardinal, duck, goose,Tree Swallow, Red Winged Blackbird, and we heard chickadees.



Since me and M&M Dad were so far behind Pink Mom and Jr.Princess they had found another geo-cash before we caught up with them. After that we played on the playground for a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Starshine - I love the picture of the loon. We used to see a few of them when we lived on the lake. I like your blog. Keep up the great job. Love, Grandma L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I can't believe I'm responding a year later.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete